The key concern of Tobacco Control would be to supply a forum for research, analysis, commentary, and debate on policies, programmes, and strategies which can be more likely to further the objectives of the comprehensive tobacco control policy. The introduction should indicate why the research reported or issues discussed are important in terms of controlling tobacco use, and the discussion section should include an analysis of how the research reported contributes to tobacco control objectives in papers submitted for review.
Documents firmly anchored to a policy that is strategic programme context are more inclined to be accepted for publication. Because the log seeks to attain a worldwide readership, writers must look into whether their intended submissions target problems or themes, that are probably be of great interest to scientists involved in other countries. Extremely parochial problems, that incorporate few classes for tobacco control policy outside a paper’s local context, are unlikely to get priority that is high. The manuscripts editors will generally speaking maybe perhaps not offer high priority to:
- Studies of cigarette smoking prevalence and its own correlates. They are most suitable to journals that are national. Few individuals residing outside nation have an interest in whether that country has 30% or 35% of cigarette smokers.
- Knowledge, attitudes, behaviour (KAB) studies of particular population teams or medical researchers. Once again, they are better suited to national journals or even wellness speciality that is professional. Few people far away could be enthusiastic about (for instance) whether nurses in a hospital that is regional enthusiastic about helping patients quit. Nationwide studies, and people using studies that are such initial areas are of more interest.
- Reports that evoke unanimous “so what?” responses from the editors. They are papers with findings that appear to hold no apparent value for changing policy or practice in tobacco control. They often times show methodological finery, but take us anywhere don’t essential or interesting.
- Advice pieces where in actuality the opinions are unoriginal, badly argued, naive or neglect for crucial ethical dilemmas in favour of sloganeering.
- Papers that show the authors haven’t exposed Tobacco Control and never comprehend its main give attention to tobacco control in place of on tobacco as well as its usage and wellness effects. We have been thinking about such documents, but only when their writers address the implications of the findings for tobacco control.
- Papers with glaringly apparent, fatal methodological issues.
- Papers on topics that need very technical or discipline-specific language unlikely to be recognized because of the greater part of visitors.
- Documents that are replications of currently well-established findings or offer little information that is new.
- Regional studies in which the implications for the journal’s international market are uncertain.
- Reports written for governments or neighborhood wellness authorities that somebody thought could be provided a fast make-over and submitted as a log paper.
Tobacco Control adheres to your greatest requirements concerning its editorial policies on book ethics, medical misconduct, permission and peer review criteria. To see all BMJ Journal policies please relate to the BMJ Author Hub policies web web web page.
Articles are posted under a special licence or non-exclusive licence for UK Crown workers or where BMJ has agreed CC BY is applicable. The terms are as stated in accordance with our licence terms for US Federal Government officers or employees acting as part of their official duties. Writers or their employers retain copyright. Start access articles may be reused beneath the regards to the appropriate imaginative Commons licence to facilitate reuse for the content; please relate to the Tobacco Control Author Licence when it comes to applicable Creative Commons licences”.
Tobacco industry funded work
Tobacco Control will likely not give consideration to for book documents reporting work funded, in entire or in component, by a tobacco business or tobacco industry company. Nor will the journal consider documents by writers who accept tobacco industry capital, including financing for research expenses, for several or element of any author’s income, or any other types of individual remuneration. For more info, please look at this editorial offering the thinking behind the journal’s policy. Failure to declare contending passions at distribution, or whenever a write-up is commissioned, may result in instant rejection regarding the paper. If your contending interest comes to light after book, Tobacco Control will issue an official modification to or retraction of this entire paper, as appropriate.
Material previously published online
Tobacco Control is ready to start thinking about documents based wholly or perhaps in component on material previously posted on line. But writers must look into an editorial with this topic: Prior book on line: brand brand new log policy. The editor retains the customary directly to make modifications any way you like if essential to reduce, utilizing the approval of this author(s), product accepted for publication. Any written or illustrative product that happens to be posted somewhere else must certanly be duly recognized and combined with the penned consent regarding the copyright holder (this can be the publisher as opposed to the writer).
Under unique circumstances the place where a paper’s findings have actually instantly policy that is relevant warranting urgent book, manuscripts might be fast tracked in front of the normal queue of documents. If you feel you feel it is of sufficient importance to be handled urgently that you have good reasons why this is true for your paper, please detail these in a cover letter, explaining the importance of your work for the field and the reason. This demand will not guarantee that the editors will concur, and just a few papers per year will undoubtedly be expedited with this foundation, nonetheless it might help the editors to judge the paper’s value within the present context.
Formatting, terms and revised manuscripts
Documents on electric cigarettes should make use of the term cigarettes that are‘electronic on very first usage, and after that the abbreviation ‘e-cigarettes’ may be utilized. Documents on other delivery that is nicotine may continue using the word ‘electronic nicotine distribution systems’ accompanied by the abbreviation ‘ENDS’ after very first usage.
Whenever uploading a revised manuscript, writers also needs to consist of a different manuscript file highlighting the tracked changes to exhibit the editors the distinction through the previous variation. The monitored modifications document should really be uploaded as a supplementary file.
Analysis reporting gu >
BMJ calls for conformity towards the reporting that is following. Please upload the appropriate finished list for the submission to your study type, and label it “Research checklist”. If no relevant list can be obtained for the research kind, this is suggested regarding the distribution type.
CONSORT statement – necessary for all randomised managed studies
PRISMA statement – necessary for all systematic reviews
EVEREST statement – Required for many financial evaluations
STARD statement – Required for many research that is diagnostic
STROBE statement – necessary for all observational studies
SQUIRE statement – Required for several quality enhancement studies
Guidance and kinds can be found from EQUATOR.
We welcome video clip abstracts to accompany accepted research articles. These essay custom writing enable authors to individually talk through their work beyond the limitations of a article that is formal improve the user’s understanding. Note you to consider submitting a video abstract until your paper has been accepted that we will not ask. Please don’t try to upload a video clip abstract upon initial distribution of one’s manuscript.
There are lots of tutorials online that could guide the manufacturing of a video clip abstract, using commonly and sometimes easily available pc software. Windows film Maker and Apple iMovie would be the many examples that are common. Types of video clip abstracts can be obtained from The BMJ. Listed here are a few directions for making a video clip abstract. Writers might also like to ask their institution’s press/media workplace for help.
- Movie abstracts must not stay longer than 4 minutes.
- This content and concentrate for the movie must connect straight to the scholarly research that is accepted for book, and may maybe not stray beyond the info. We advice which you proceed with the exact same framework because the paper itself in other words. briefly outline the background/context associated with research, provide your quest goal, outline the techniques utilized, provide the main element outcomes and then talk about the implications regarding the results.
- The presentation and content associated with the video clip should always be in a method plus in terms which will be understandable and available to a broad audience that is medical. The primary language should be English, but we welcome subtitles an additional language. Please avoid jargon that’ll not be acquainted to an extensive medical market, and never utilize abbreviations.
- Writers often talk straight into the digital digital camera and/or provide a slideshow, but we enable the utilization of other appropriate artistic and material that is audiosuch as for example animations, movies, nevertheless photographs, figures, infographics). If you want to make use of product from formerly posted work or off their sources, please receive the appropriate permissions through the publisher that is relevant copyright owner.